WHAT I BELIEVE ABOUT THE SCRIPTURES (Part Two)

In last week’s bulletin in answering the question, “What do you believe about the Word of
God?” we gave six answers: 1) It is inspired 2) It is accurate 3) It is truth 4) It testifies of Jesus
5) It builds us up 6) It is understandable. Today we continue to answer the question:
1. I believe God’s Word is not to be added to (Rev. 22:18). “For I testify unto every man that
heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall
add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:” I know this passage refers specifically to
the book of Revelation. but it certainly applies as well to God’s Word as a whole.
2. I believe God’s Word must not be taken from (Rev. 22:19). “And if any man shall take
away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book
of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
3. I believe God’s Word must be believed (2 Thess. 2:12). “That they all might be damned
who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” Remember: Jesus said, “...thy
word is truth” (John 17:17). Those who do not believe the truth (God’s Word) will be damned.
4. I believe God’s Word must be obeyed (Matt. 7:21). “Not every one that saith unto me,
Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which
is in heaven.” If the will of the Father is not found in God’s Word, just where do you think it can
be found?
5. I believe God’s Word will judge us (John 12:48). “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not
my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in
the last day.” We will not be judged by what the preacher said--or by popular opinion. We will
be judged by God’s Word.
6. I believe God’s Word will never pass away (Matt. 24:35). “Heaven and earth shall pass

away, but my words shall not pass away.” There is also this: “Being born again, not of corrup-
tible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever...But the

word of the Lord endureth forever” (1 Pet. 1:23, 25). These are the twelve answers I gave. How would you answer the question?
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: White lies will leave black marks on your reputation!

Love ya,
Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts