SOWING THE SEED IS ABOUT SEEING THE NEED

God said, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me
void, but it will accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it”
(Isa. 55:11). We also read, “Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days”
(Eccl. 11:1). And there is this passage in Isaiah 50:4, “The Lord God hath given me the tongue of
the learned, that I should know now to speak a word in season to him that is weary.”
Jesus said, “...Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men” (Matt. 4:19). Yet, we will never
get excited over sowing the seed until we get excited by seeing the need! There is a shortage of per-
sonal workers in the Lord’s church because there is a shortage of interest in winning souls and
teaching the lost.
The truth is, we are converted to Christ by the gospel for a purpose and that purpose is found in
sowing the seed and winning the lost. Paul said, “I planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the in-
crease” (1 Cor. 3:6). He also penned these words: “...I am become all things to all men, that I may
by all means save some” (1 Cor. 9:22). Too many Christians fail to realize that if we are not busy
sowing the seed, we simply are NOT following the Lord. Many will try to substitute something else
(fun and games?) for sowing the seed, but compassion for the lost keeps the heart warm and the cup
running over. We should remember the words of Proverbs 11:30, “The fruit of the righteous is a
tree of life: And he that is wise winneth souls.”
Are YOU interested in seeing the Lee & Walnut congregation grow? Or is it simply too much
“bother” to sow the seed and to seek the lost--is it too much “trouble?” I pray that this is not your at-
titude! If it is, you should be ashamed of yourself, repent and ask God’s forgiveness.
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: God has a history of using the insignificant to accomplish the
impossible!
Have a great week!
Love ya,
Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts