I'M CONCERNED

I’m concerned. There seems to be an increasing number of Christians who come only for
“Sunday morning assembly” and that’s all. They do not attend Bible classes on Sunday morning
or Wednesday night. They do not seem to feel a need to attend the Sunday evening assembly as
well.
I’m concerned about your spiritual growth. I know how easily we can slip back into old
habits of thought and living. Without the encouragement we receive from active involvement in
the lives of other Christians, we dangerously reduce our spiritual strength.
I’m concerned about your children or grandchildren. Do not expect the Lord to be the most
important thing in their lives if He is not the most important thing in your life. When you grab
every excuse to stay at home rather than meet with other Christians, don’t be shocked when they
“quit the church.” They probably will.
I’m concerned about our congregation. You send a clear message to every other member
when you habitually do not attend every meeting of God’s people. (I will leave it up to you to
decide what that message is). Every other member is influenced by you--whether you are present
or absent.
I’m concerned about myself. As a brother, I miss you when you are not here. I want us all to
remain faithful unto death. I want to influence you to do that, and evidently, I’m doing too well at
accomplishing that.
I want you to know...I’m concerned.
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: Yes, children are deductible, but they are taxing, too!
Have a great week!
Love ya,
Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts